Temporary agents allow you to add a group of Zendesk agents for a time period less than current billing cycle. For example, a retail customer may be on an annual plan but ramp up their agents during the holidays.
Unlike Light Agents, temporary agents can have any role you choose. The only difference between traditional base agents and temporary agents is the time period in which they are allowed to operate. Temporary agents cannot be purchased via self-service. You must be a Sales-Assisted customer.
To help you manage agent subscriptions and payments for your Zendesk products, you can view available plan subscriptions.
- Click the Admin icon (), then select Settings > Subscription to see a summary of your current plan.
The plan summary includes your current subscription billing cycle and payment information. It also includes:
- Product: The list of Zendesk products included in your subscription. For example, Support, Guide, Talk, or Chat.
- Plan: The plan type. For example, Enterprise, Professional, or Add-on.
- Details: The number of full agent seats included in the plan and other plan details.
To view temporary agent subscriptions
If your plan allows temporary agents, the Subscription page includes a Temporary subscription section:
- Product: The list of Zendesk products that include temporary agents.
- Timeframe: For Active subscriptions, the number of days left before the subscription expires. For Scheduled subscriptions, the timeframe (date range) in the future when the subscription will be active.
- Details: The number of temporary agent seats included in the subscription.
- Status: The subscription status is Active for subscriptions that are currently being used. The status is Scheduled for subscriptions that are available in the future (during the Timeframe specified).