This article provides a roundup of the new features released in Zendesk over the last few months. To learn more about these features, register for the What's New webinar.
Zendesk Support features
- Skills-based routing Limited Availability—Route tickets to an agent based on their set of skills. Skills are configured by administrators so that specific agents match with the specific ticket types. Skills-based routing ensures that agents are assigned tickets that they can more efficiently solve, every time. For more information, see Using skills-based routing (Enterprise).
- Sender Authentication—Add an additional layer of security to inbound emails by enabling sender authentication. This decreases the number of spoofed emails and spam to customers. For more information, see Authenticating incoming email using DMARC.
Zendesk Guide features
- Guide Enterprise—Team Publishing—With advanced knowledge management features, Guide Enterprise makes it easy for large teams to collaborate on content and manage knowledge internally, externally, and across multiple brands. Guide Enterprise empowers businesses with artificial intelligence by identifying the most important topics to write about to optimize the self-service experience. For more information about Guide Enterprise, see Supporting multiples languages in Help Center (Guide Professional and Enterprise) and Creating a Help Center for one of your brands (Professional Add-on and Enterprise).
- In-editor Knowledge Capture app and integration with publishing—The Knowledge Capture app is in a new location in the editor instead of being a sidebar app. Agents can now search and link articles more easily. For more information, see Working with the Knowledge Capture app and Changing the Knowledge Capture app location.
- Answer Bot language support: French, German, and Dutch—Answer Bot now supports tickets in Dutch, German and French languages. With this launch, there are now six supported languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, and Dutch.
Zendesk Chat features
- Credit card redaction—With redaction enabled, any credit card number that is entered into a chat is automatically hidden for the customer and the agent, and is also redacted from your chat history. For more information, see Hiding credit card numbers in chats and chat history.
- Redesigned apps for iPhone and iPad—There’s a new version of the iOS app written from the ground up with features like iPad support, split view mode, shortcut support, and more.
Zendesk Talk features
- Phone number expansion—Zendesk Talk launched new toll-free, SMS and local voice numbers into the product and beta, bringing the total number of countries covered to 75. Now customers in more countries, including Argentina (local & toll-free), Columbia (toll-free), Greece, Romania, Indonesia, and Korea, can offer their customers more personal, productive phone support with Zendesk Talk. Companies with an international customer base can offer local phone support without long-distance fees to customers, no matter where they are. For more information, see Zendesk Talk number availability and address requirements.
- Callback from Queue and Textback from IVR in multiple languages—The Callback from Queue and Textback from IVR features are now available in more than 20 different languages. Zendesk customers who offer phone support in languages other than English can now use these Talk features. Callback from Queue allows customers to request a callback instead of waiting in the queue. Textback from IVR provides the option to switch from phone to text, in the customer’s own language. For more information, see Callback from Queue and Textback from IVR.
- Request a Callback from Web Widget—The Zendesk Talk and Web Widget teams have joined forces to bring you an exciting new feature—Request a Callback, now in Limited Availability. With Request a Callback from Web Widget, surface your customer service phone number and wait time to your customers and allow them to request a callback when an agent is available. It's a great way to provide transparent customer service and manage call volume. We’re offering this feature as Limited Availability with a progressive roll-out. For more information, see Configuring Zendesk Talk settings for the Web Widget.