This article provides a roundup of the new features released in Zendesk over the last few months. To learn more about these features, register for the What's New webinar.
Zendesk Support features
- The new Zendesk Support mobile app lets you quickly triage and work on support tickets on your mobile device. You can sort, comment on, and update tickets, and receive notifications when tickets are submitted.
- The new multi-select ticket field type handles questions that don't have a single answer. Create multiple selection options, including nested options, in a drop-down menu.
- Restrict app visibility by group to exercise more control over which apps an agent sees in their UI.
- Restrict access to specific JIRA projects to control access to sensitive data, while creating a better agent experience by showing a smaller number of relevant projects in the Zendesk Support JIRA app.
- Zendesk for Salesforce updates include major improvements to ongoing sync, such as configurable records matching, conditional sync filters, external sync IDs for easier tracking and more; configurable bulk sync filters; support for additional field types; the ability to select which SFDC field is used as an organization name during a sync; and more.
Zendesk Chat features
- Zendesk message is now free for all paying customers!
- Dynamic content for shortcuts allows you to manage shortcuts in multiple languages.
- Offline forms for messaging channels gives your customers the option to submit questions via social channels, even when your agents are offline.
- Agent status metrics gives you better visibility into the individual status changes for each agent.
Zendesk Talk features
- New and updated Talk stats APIs offer more metrics for building better custom dashboards. New endpoints include Account Overview, Agent overview, Agent Activity, and Current Queue Activity.
Zendesk Guide features
- Answer Bot web forms work directly through your web forms to offer relevant knowledge base articles to your customers.
- Extended language support for Answer Bot - Machine learning solutions are now available for Portuguese and Spanish Help Centers.