This article provides a roundup of the new features released in Zendesk over the last few months. To learn more about these features, register for the What's New webinar.
Zendesk Support features
- Macro previews, a fully keyboard navigable experience allows agents to quickly preview the content of a macro before applying it to a ticket.
- Trigger revision history lets admins to keep track of configuration changes made to individual triggers, view who made the change and when it was made, and the exact configuration.
- With multi-org support for Salesforce integration, separate Salesforce contacts that share the same email address, but belong to different accounts, can be connected in Zendesk Support to a single user belonging to multiple organizations.
- Version 4 of the JIRA app adds many long-awaited usability improvements, like the user configurable issue creation form. The app is now also faster, better looking, and more functional. See Setting up the JIRA for Zendesk Support integration and Using the JIRA for Zendesk Support integration.
Zendesk Chat features
Zendesk Talk features
- Talk Enterprise is a new plan that provides growing teams and call centers with the tools and hands-on support they need to successfully deliver phone support at scale.
- Textback from IVR provides callers with more flexibility by giving them the option to request text message support from an IVR or phone tree. See Routing incoming calls with IVR (Professional and Enterprise).
Zendesk Guide features
- Article revision history in Guide Professional helps you track versions of an article in your knowledge base, so you and your team can more easily keep track and manage content changes. Like Google Docs, it enables you to see who made edits and what updates were made to the article title and body. You can also restore previous versions if something went awry. Combined with the history view feature, article revisions serves up more transparency into the evolution of your knowledge content. See Viewing article revisions and history.
- The Knowledge Capture app empowers agents to capture knowledge and build on it over time to improve your knowledge base and self-service outcomes. See Installing the Knowledge Capture app (Guide Professional) and Working with the Knowledge Capture app (Guide Professional).