This article provides a roundup of the new features released in Zendesk over the last few months. To learn more about these features, you can view the What's New webinar.
Zendesk Support features
- Microsoft Office 365 account login allows users to log in to Zendesk Support with their work, school, or personal Microsoft account. See Enabling social and business single sign-on.
- More features for the Zendesk Google Play integration let you automatically set an end-user's language based on review data, filter by star rating so you can view only reviews at or below a certain threshold, and filter by a minimum character count to view only reviews that are likely to include enough information to address. See Channel integration: Google Play integration.
- Macros can now use rich content and attachments, so you can add inline images and formatting to make them pretty (and more functional). See Creating macros for tickets.
- Private ticket creation gives agents the ability to file tickets on behalf of customers without making the ticket visible to that customer, or to any CCs. All subsequent comments are marked as internal notes, until the ticket is manually made public. See Working with tickets.
- New API administration page offers an updated UI for managing your API settings and OAuth clients, plus a new Activity tab where you can monitor Core API usage over the previous 24 hours. See Zendesk's Core API documentation.
Zendesk Help Center features
- Visitors to your Help Center can vote on articles without logging in, to better help you gather feedback on your content. See Enabling users to vote on articles without signing in.
- Archiving Help Center articles helps avoid the dreaded "Oops, I accidentally deleted this article, and now it is gone forever!" (We've all been there.) Now, when you remove an article from your Help Center, it's archived rather than deleted; from there, you can restore it. See Archiving an article to remove it from your knowledge base.
- Viewing more Help Center search results in the Web Widget, when three results just aren't enough. Now, a search via the Web Widget returns up to nine results. End-users can view the expanded results list by clicking a button. Also, admins can hide the button by customizing their widget. See Using the Web Widget to Embed Customer Service in your Website and Advanced Customization of your Web Widget.
- Community content moderation and spam filtering now applies to edited end-user content. When an end-user makes changes to a post or comment, that content is sent through the moderation and spam filtering processes again (if you have them enabled). See Moderating end-user content in Help Center and Using the spam filter to prevent spam in Help Center.
Zendesk Talk features
Zendesk Chat features
- Advanced Chat widget customization with the Web SDK gives you more options to build a Chat widget that's unique to your website. You can customize the look and feel of the widget to reflect your brand, add surveys, chatbots, and other interactive features, and set localization rules. See the Web SDK documentation.